Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Buy Union! Support those who support you!

I'm a firm believer in buying union-made automobiles. I've grown up in the Niagara Region and spent my whole life there, and I've seen the devastating effects of the decline of the North American auto-industry. Auto workers, though still a strong force in our communities, have faced numerous jobs loses in recent years, especially since the passage of the FTA and NAFTA. These workers support our communities; it's only right that we support them. We can do this by BUYING UNION! Make sure the union label is on your car.

I just came across this. It's from the UAW site, and lists all cars made by CAW-UAW members. If the vehicle you're driving doesn't appear on this list, then it's a vehicle that you shouldn't be driving. Support those who support you. Demand a union made vehicle. Not only do autoworkers build cars, they also build communities.

2 comments:

Jacques Beau Vert said...

My absolute first priority in buying a vehicle would be it's environmental friendliness, but if the 1989 Batmobile was union-made, I'd probably make an exception...

Kim Feraday said...

Just wondering, do you buy only union made clothing? Or shoes? Or technology? Or food? Or Coffee? Dos the CAW-UAW do the same or require that their members do this?