Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Bruce Springsteen- Working Class Hero

I was chatting with a friend (and loyal Double D reader) today about Bruce Springsteen and woking class music. He claims that Springsteen isn't an honest representation of the working class. I beg to differ. As such, I'll be posting some of his videos and lyrics in an attempt to sway the opinion of these nay-sayers. This one is 'My Hometown.'

...Now Main Street's whitewashed windows and vacant stores
Seems like there ain't nobody wants to come down here no more
They're closing down the textile mill across the railroad tracks
Foreman says these jobs are going boys and they ain't coming back to your hometown
Your hometown
Your hometown
Your hometown...

If you're from the Niagara Region like I am, this is your hometown.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I never said that Springsteen doesn't provide an accurate portrayl of working class music. He does. But that doesn't take away from the fact that he's a total and complete doucebag.