Thursday, June 14, 2007

Crazy Woman vs. Bus full of school kids- Round 1

I normally blog only about politics, and never write about my day-to-day life. However, with this story, I just couldn't refuse.

I was driving home this afternoon when I stopped at a red light. Beside me in the left turning lane was a school bus full of elementary aged school kids, and in front of me was a woman in a Toyota. The Toyota and I were both to go straight through the intersection.

All of a sudden I see the woman with her hand out the window pointing at the bus door. The door opens, and a discussion occurs. The door closes. She continues, the door re-opens, and the discussion continues. I couldn't hear what was occuring. The door opened and closed a few more times until the woman got out of the car, and hopped into the bus. She then stormed to the back.

The bus windows were open, as were mine. I turned down the radio. The woman begins:

"Who the hell threw the tomato at my car? CONFESS!"
"One of you knows who threw the tomato...CONFESS!"
"I know someone saw- who the HELL threw that tomato?"

Dead silence on the bus.

"Who the HELL threw the tomato at my car? Tell me!"

She then stormed out, and into her car. Meanwhile, I had missed two green lights being stuck behind her empty car with no where for me to go. As the advanced green comes on and the bus began to lurch forward, the lady steps on it, swerves in front of the bus and goes left. I drove through straight.

Don't be surprised if tomorrow's Standard headline is "Woman takes bus hostage."

To be clear, I saw no tomato leave the bus, though I'm not denying that one was thrown.

No comments: