Saturday, August 25, 2007

Police Agression: Buffalo, New York

By now, we've likely all heard that undercover police officers at the SPP demonstrations in Montebello, Quebec were attempting to insight violence, only to be discovered and turned away by union leaders who were coordinating the protests.

Last night I was at at a Bills pre-season game in Buffalo when I witnessed some police agression of my own. As officers were directing traffic into a lot, the pickup truck in front of me turned into said lot and the police officer began yelling at the truck. As it drove off, the angry looking cop heaved his water bottle at the vehicle, hitting it's back tail gate.

While nothing will come out of this incident, I think it highlights the fact that officers can get caught up in the moment and exert agression toward the general public.

1 comment:

uncorrectedproofs said...

The Bills play in Orchard Park, not Buffalo.